PAINTING A BRIGHTER FUTURE GRANT
Helping youth succeed with the tools and resources to achieve their full potential.
TOGETHER, WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Whether it’s a school, Boys & Girls Club or other youth-development focused nonprofit in need, something as simple as a new coat of paint can energize a dreary space and motivate youth. Research confirms that new paint and the cleanliness of walls can have an impact on youth attitudes and academic performance.
That’s why, in partnership with True Value retailers, True Value Foundation provides 20-gallon paint grants through the Painting a Brighter Future program. Over 1,800 schools and youth-focused nonprofits across the country have been awarded paint since the program’s inception in 2009, covering over 21 million square feet of learning space.
PAINT GRANTS FOR 2023
True Value retailers may submit applications for deserving schools, Boys & Girls Clubs or other youth-development focused nonprofits that have a need for paint. Retailers submit the application on your behalf.
- The grant application is open to retailers from January 1 – April 30, 2023.
- Grants are for 20 gallons of EasyCare Ready to Use paint in 7 pre-tinted colors offered in 4 finishes (flat, eggshell, satin and semi gloss). Please visit your local True Value retailer to view available colors.
- Grant recipients must submit photos and testimonials of their painting project via this online form by October 1, 2023.
- Jan. 1–April 30, 2023: Applications open to retailers
- May 2023: Winners announced via email
- May–August: Paint delivery and pickups
- August 31, 2023 Deadline for retailers’ in-store photo with grant winner
- October 1, 2023: Deadline for grant recipients’ photos & testimonials