TRUE VALUE COMPANY ANNOUNCES 2012 ‘BEST HARDWARE STORE IN TOWN’ WINNERS
March 01, 2013
Co-op honors True Value’s top hardware stores. independent retailers behind them
CHICAGO, March 1, 2013 – True Value Company recently recognized 13 True Value hardware stores, selected from each of the co-op’s retail regions, as winners of its sixth annual “Best Hardware Store in Town” international recognition. True Value announced the winning retailers during the company’s 2013 Spring & Rental Market held in Atlanta Feb. 23 – 25.
“Our vision is to help every True Value be the best hardware store in town, and these 13 stores have certainly achieved that. They are the embodiment of what it takes to exceed customer expectations,” said Lyle Heidemann, president and chief executive officer of True Value Company. “They consistently deliver on the five principles of successful retailing: people, place, product, price and promotion, to meet customers’ needs and expectations, creating a profitable and sustainable business.”
The Best Hardware Store in Town awards recognizes True Value retailers who exemplify successful retailing. Stores are self-nominated, or nominated by a peer or retail manager, and go through a series of selection processes until regional managers narrow down the top candidates. Mystery shoppers visit each selected store to gain a customer’s perspective. And stores are evaluated based on physical appearance, product selection, competitive pricing, promotional sales and customer assistance.
The 13 winning stores for 2012 are:
- Boland’s True Value – Chapin, S.C.
- Cook’s True Value – Prosser, Wash.
- DeRonne True Value Hardware & Rental – Eastpointe, Mich.
- Horn’s True Value – Sayre, Penn.
- Kelly’s Freeport, Ltd. – Freeport, Bahamas
- Palm Springs True Value Hardware – Palm Springs, Calif.
- Penn Valley True Value Hardware – Penn Valley, Calif.
- Pojoaque True Value – Santa Fe, N.M.
- Prairie Side True Value – Kenosha, Wis.
- A Richardson’s True Value Hardware – Haskell, Texas
- True Value Value of Litchfield – Litchfield, Conn.
- True Value Home Center – Marshall, Minn.
- Watkins True Value Hardware and Appliance – Marysville, Mo.
About True Value Company
True Value Company, headquartered in Chicago, is one of the world’s largest retailer-owned hardware cooperatives with sales of $1.9 billion in 2011. The True Value cooperative includes approximately 4,600 independent retailer locations worldwide operating under the store identities of True Value, Grand Rental Station, Taylor Rental, Party Central, Home & Garden Showplace and Induserve Supply. Additional information on True Value Company and its retail identities is available at www.truevaluecompany.com.